You spin me right round, baby, right round

Like many people, I often feel like I'm spinning lots of plates and far to many on them end up falling and smashing on the ground, like a hopeless player in ther generation game:



So, in today's post I thought I run through some of the game idea plates I'm currently spinning.

Board Games

Bhiksu

This is a two player game where players are monks in the foothills of the Himalayas that are trying to become the bishop of there district. To do this they must deliver materials needed the various areas in the district. It's a pick up and deliver game. My business partner Liam has put a mod for it on Tabletop Simulator that I'm currently play testing with various people. The response so far has been pretty positive and this is likely to be our next game to go to Kickstarter.


Inhumane Resources

In this game players are HR managers in huge corporation where the HR director has resigned and they all want her job. To become the next HR director they must complete various projects. This is a game of negation and back stabbing. It's a great game that I've been working on for about three years, but it's currently on hold until after the COVID restrictions lift.


Artist and Label

This one is more of a concept than a game at the moment. One player is a recording artist and the other is the rep from the record label. It's a semi co-op game where they both want to sell as many records as they can but they have conflicting methods of doing it. Each game will generate a combined score that they will try an beat in their next game and also an in game individual score. I', still kicking around the details at the moment. I like the concept but it will be a challenge to put it all together in a playable game.


Wiz Up the Wall

This is a classy game where the player are school boy wizards that are trying to wee the highest up the wall. I thought that I had a game that was nearly there with this one, but it just felt like was something missing from the game play. It's currently on a back burner and I hope to bring it forward at some point in the future.


Wizzy Wizards 

In this game the players are wizards at the annual wizard sports day and they must race through the forest using all their various wizardly tricks to secure the prize. I've taken this game through various iterations and some of the iversions have played better than others but it still needs a lot of work before it will be a decent game.

Other Games

There are a number of other games that I'm still working on at the moment, but don't want to talk about in detail right now, things like; "Fight or Flight", "Darren the Dragon", "Mob Boss" plus a new RPG combat system I'm working on.


Wargames

In the next post I'll talk about the wargames projects I've got on the go.


Happy Gaming 

Paul



Comments